Saturday, August 10, 2013

Finally...another reason to write as blog

It's been a long time since I had a good reason to post....well, that's not entirely true.  Pat and I took a a wonderful trip with my father, Sally, my sister and brother in law to Australia and New Zealand earlier this year.  Maybe I just got lazy.

Anyway good reason to start back up again.  This time we are headed to Rome to cruise the Mediterranean on the Celebrity Silhouette to several interesting ports we have never been to before.  Pat and I have been to Italy several times but most of these ports are unknown to us.  The first stop is in Naples where we will visit Pompeii and the island of Capri.  This should be a different experience from the last time we were in Naples.  We had an interesting cab ride at breakneck speeds.  The driver wasn't particular where he drove the vehicle ( train tracks and sidewalks were okay with him) just as long as he didn't slow down.  When we asked him why, he told us that Naples is a hot spot for car jackings....especially at traffic lights.  After that, I was much more comfortable with his driving.

So,  next stop Rome where we will post an up date

Chris and Pat

1 comment: